A service provided to Health Choices participants.
HELP Nurse Line
563-556-4357 or 800-325-7442
24 Hours-a-Day... 7 Days-a-Week
- Staffed by Registered Nurses and Clerical staff
- Services are available 24 hours/day 365 days /year
- Has over 375 years of nursing experience
- Locally based service – knowledgeable about services available
- The Patient Services office is located at the East Campus
- Use Medical Associates Clinic physician approved protocols for advic...
not a purchased canned program.
- Over 1.5 million calls since 12/88 when it began its 24 hour coverage
So what does this service offer?
- Round the clock access to medical care for our members.
The Patient Services Nurse can provide advice on what to do for a sprained
ankle to sore throat to chest pain using our physician-approved protocols.
And as needed, the Patient Services Nurse can connect the patient directly
- Continuity of care
Advice calls are documented in our automated call tracking system and
then added to the patient’s medical record. The physician then
knows what problem was experienced and the advice given.
- Appropriate use of your health care dollars
4 out of 5 Help calls are handled totally by a Registered Nurse - that
translates to decreased visits to emergency rooms, and urgent care centers.
With the average cost of our local emergency room visits being over
$400 - $500 – this quickly impacts the cost of health care.
- After hours service
The Help Nurse is available when you need it. Our 1-800-325-7442 number
is good 24 hours /day, 7 days a week and is good within the boundaries
of the U.S. This means a great deal for students out of the service
area, employees working out of the service, or members who are vacationing,
and become ill.
- Added value service
We are unique in offering this type of local service -not many health
plans offer this level of personalized service.
- Commitment and dedication to our patients and members
Over 15 years of service, this department has handled over 1.5 million